- General behaviour
- Please keep it generally clean. Some cursing is allowed of course.
- Violence and making in-game threats is part of the game - it's a gangster game after all but keep it reasonably clean.
- Threatening people's lives is called role play - get over it but keep the threats and abuse in-game!
- Making personal real life threats about someone and their family is not acceptable - punishment will vary on the severity of the incident.
- If you are unsure, if whatever you are doing/going to do is against the rules, then ask an admin or helper (preferably on Discord). Ignorance is not an excuse.
- Account Security
- Do not share your password with anyone.
- Admins will NEVER ask you for your password.
- Do not share your security question or answer with anyone.
- It is the player's responsibility to protect their account's information.
- Each player is allowed only one active account.
- When registering a character with the account,you agree to have only one at a time and using a second one is breaking this rule - resulting in admin whack and ban.
- Account Sharing
- Account sharing is NOT allowed.
- Each player may only log into his or her own account.
- Scripting & Cheating
- No automated mouse clickers.
- No applications that make use of OCR.
- No other automated software intended to do the players work.
- Cheaters will be Admin Whacked and banned.
- If you suspect someone is cheating, REPORT them to an admin! Never whack someone because YOU know or think that they are cheating.
- Pornographic, Racist and Discriminatory material
- Pornographic, racist and discriminatory material will be somewhat tolerated but don't be stupid about it.
To elaborate on the above defining of "Pornographic", I will try to clarify:
Pornography covers any provocative imagery. I believe 99% of people in the world are able to understand what any ordinary person would define as tolerable, however it's that remaining 1% that feel that "tolerable" is not specific enough. Suffice it to say that anything that flaunts nudity is taboo.
This does not mean that anything that does not fall into into the "nudity" category is acceptable, again I will try to rely on the users' tact to determine what is appropriate and what is not, but I get the itching feeling that someone is going to need it explained to them in great detail one day... But we will cross that bridge when we get to it.
- This includes in: communications messages, forums, profile signatures, character names or anywhere else.
- If it's clean and not directed at individuals it will probably be okay. Personal attacks and singling people out is not ok. If it would generally be accepted by most people then it may be ok, this game is after all based on crime, corruption, drugs and illegal activities. If in doubt just don't do it or you may be admin whacked. Examples of ok are naming a gang "White Power" or "Black Power". Not ok is singling out races, religions, individuals, full nudity, child pornography or vulgar pictures. It comes down to what others think your intent is, if you did not intend it to be interpreted that way then that's tough for you. Admin's say is final.
- MafiaMatrix is committed to providing a safe environment for all its players free from
discrimination on any ground and from sexual harassment. We operate a zero tolerance policy for any form of sexual harassment and
treat all incidents seriously and investigate all allegations of sexual harassment. Any person
found to have sexually harassed another will face actions, including temporary and/or permanent bans at our discression.
All complaints of sexual harassment will be taken seriously and treated with respect and in confidence.
Definition of sexual harassment
Sexual harassment is unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature which makes a person feel offended,
humiliated and/or intimidated.
As administrators it is our duty to make sure that each player be treated fairly and feel as if they can belong to the community without fear of discrimination, sexual harassment and the many forms it takes. It is important to know that our stance is firmly against things of this nature, especially ones that occur within our game and various forms of media, including but not limited to: MM Discord, MM Facebooks etc.
Anyone caught violating this policy will be banned for a length determined by the admins, which includes the posibility of account closure as well as permanent bans from all of our controlled environments.
- Do not role play as, or in any way reference partisan political views relating to war and/or death. These matters can be discussed in the #political channel on our Discord server respectfully, if you are so inclined. Administrators will have the final say on what is and is not allowed.
- Spam \ Forum spam \ Thread bumping \ Advertising
- Spamming messages begging for money is frowned upon.
- Forum owners are obliged to keep the forums clean.
- Advertising other sites via any means will not be tolerated. (this excludes links to YouTube videos)
- If a user is a repeat offender, REPORT them to an admin.
- Thread bumping is only allowed, if there were no replies for a 24-h period of time.
- Bugs \ Glitches \ Loopholes
- All bugs, glitches, loopholes, using URL's and other problems with the games code should be reported IMMEDIATELY.
- Anyone found abusing any such problems in the game will be admin whacked and banned.
- Admin participation \ Interference
- Admins are always right until they admit to being in the wrong. Wrongly quoting an admin with the intention to ruin his/her image will result in an admin whack.
- Players will not be removed from vacation mode early, unless it was prearranged with an admin - only that admin will remove you from vacation mode.
- An admin will NOT give out any information on other players. Do not ask.
- Specific rules
- Do not create/rename your character with a barcode name (e.g. llllll11lllililil) or any such other nonsense name the effect of which is making other player's lives difficult in terms of identifying you
- No proliferation of back end information. (Example: You may discuss playing strategy, but you may not paste any old/new code (which you shouldn't have anyway!))
- Do not disseminate false information about the security of the backend (Example: Epico gave me the database!)
- Do not ask players to tell, show or do anything not related to the character. Badges and character history stats fall under this category, for example.
- Do not impersonate admins or introduce yourself as such.
- Do not fake admin whacks.
- Do not maliciously frame active players.
- Do not excessively frame a player with cases - most notably during war situations. Ordering players to do so also falls under this category. Excessive framing means putting more than 2 frames on a player within a timespan of 24 hours.
- Do not maliciously max cases on players. No more than 2 max cases are allowed for any one offense. Offense means any action comitted which is against the city rules and can be justified as being fair rule e.g. not paying back a hack after a journal has been sent or after having written in one's quotes to payback without a jorunal.
- Donation money is not to be used as an in-game currency for assigning hits so do not accept the money either.
- Donation money transfers for in-game items will not be endorsed by Admins - you trade at your own risk.
- Do not rip-off people for Donor money. It's called fraud in real life and is an actual real life crime, even, if it's carried out in a game. We will most likely admin whack you and we will support any real life criminal investigations.
- Do not have another player create a MafiaMatrix account so you are able to use them for certain things like bodyguards/IA whack targets/repairs, testing pro or anything which you derive benefit from if they are not going to actively play the game. "Actively playing" is defined as such: for each day (per 24 hours) your character is alive, if you meet a 50/3 requirement, 50 earns and 3 actions or have a total of 10,000 or more earns. where actions include are not limited to, career actions (smuggles/cases etc), community services/drug works, aggravated crimes. If your character meets these requirements you are considered active. So by this definition it's entirely possible for a player who has not played for weeks to be considered active as long as their earn and action count given their age is above the amount stated.
- Do not allow permanently banned players to influence the game in any way (this includes helping with wars)
- You are liable to face punishment as a group if you win a war by members cheating excessively or by allowing permanently banned players to influence the game
- GBHing: Random GBHing on players is not allowed and will result in an admin bat. A reason must be entered into the GBH reason otherwise the victim will class this as being random. Now here are a few exemptions to the "random" GBHing rule. If a player is playing public (example they are using their known alias or profile pic, or you have evidence from MM discord that links them) and a city is locked and a war is taking place then public players can be batted the reason you would put needs to be somthing like "City locked player is public". If you can prove a player does not have protection for example you may have a drug house witness statement or an attempted whack journal then these players can be GBH at any time and you would need to put a reason like "Player is unpro witnessed ARing the Miami Drug House". If unsure you can ask an admin.
- Protection specific rules (These rules only apply when extended protection is active in the game)
- Do not ask players to drop their protection to show their loyalty or for any other reason
- Random Bionic Viruses on players is not allowed.
- Using loopholes to find the protection status of any player is against the rules.
- Do not randomly whack other players for no other reason than they are getting too strong or are playing too actively. Do not whack players if they have not provoked the whack. Provocation generally means going against city rules, refusing to payback aggs in a reasonable amount of time. Aggs should be paid back to Bolds and Golds in a timely fashion (30 minutes), without the need for them to ask you. For those who aren't bolds & golds, sending a journal or a message to them to payback within 30 minutes will be enough. GBH or whack attempts and generally trying to push someone into a confrontation. This does not apply to people who've dropped pro.
- City leaders, bar owners and bar tenders are always able to be whacked, even if they no longer hold that title. The same goes for gangsters with ranks of Boss and above. If you're caught assigning bar tender status to players just so they are able to be shot and without their permissions, you will be admin whacked.
- Do not take actions which are detrimental to the health of this game. Administrators will have the final say on what is deemed to be detrimental. The intention of this rule is to go back to a role playing mindset and not to a paranoid one. Having the mindset of taking over the entire game and taking actions to make that a reality, is seen as detrimental (We will define this as time goes on with precedents we set within The Commission)
- Players who are inactive (have not logged in) for 7 days or more are able to be whacked for any reason. Do NOT whack players who are not IA but close to IA.
- Capos who have no crew should not be whacked without first asking them to join a crew. However if a capo remains without a crew for 2 days after having been asked to join and refusing, he will be able to be shot at.
- Testing pro will cost you a flat 10% of your respect and 10% max respect. You may do this once a week with this penalty attached. Testing more than once a week is not permitted.
- When you are no longer under protection you will not be revived if you are whacked.
- Do not under any circumstances force players into testing the protection status of other players. An example of this would be finding a player with no protection and telling them to test another player or they will be whacked.
- Do not ask players to logout during war time if they are in their homecity and there is no evidence of actively helping one group. So as an example, healers in the hospital career should be left alone unless otherwise provoked. If players are not in their home city, warn them first and give them at least 30 minutes to respond before whacking them. If they are active within the 30 minutes and have not read your message before 30 minutes then as per the GBH rule above, you may GBH them.
- You must control the bar to control the city, this means if there is no bar owner then no one can enforce city rules which means you can't ask PD or Judges etc to stand down. When someone owns the bar then either the bar owner, bar tenders or someone listed as a city leader on the local rules page may enforce the rules, this means you can't send other players to be send messages on your behalf.
- Changes to the rules
- Admins reserve the right to change the rules at any time without warning,so be sure to regularly check with this page.
- Unlisted rules
- It is impossible to foresee all infractions capable by players - keep in mind that, while some things may not be listed here, they could possibly be considered illegal/forbidden. If you are in doubt whether you may be breaking a rule, feel free to speak to an admin or helper for clarification.
- Don't be an idiot - This should cover most things that are not listed above
"Just because we are separated by a few thousand miles, it doesn't give us the excuse to act in ways that are not acceptable in real life."